LIFE

LIFE
And just like that...life begins

Saturday, December 18, 2010

the never-ending grunting...

I knew when we 1st started trying to get pregnant that having a baby is no picnic, wait...I knew way before then but you know what I mean.  So far Bella has been wonderful, yeah the middle of the night feedings aren't easy but its been manageable.  She rarely ever cries, only if she needs something.  But, lately at 4 in the morning after we've fed her, she starts this grunting sound and it lasts for the next couple hours until her next feeding.  I know that newborns make weird noises but the problem is we need that couple hours of sleep in the morning, it makes a HUGE difference in how our day goes.  Last night was no exception except, I gave Todd C. the night off since he has 2 finals today (yes I know its Saturday but c'mon this is the Air Force we're talking about and well they don't care).  He usually helps at night by changing the diaper and what not.  I have to say last night was horrible, I was exhausted, she was exhausted and well neither one of us wanted to deal with the other (she's 5 weeks going on 16).  What I'm trying to say is, her grunting is killing me, literally.  I don't know if this is ever going to pass, I hope this is just a newborn thing.  Yes, I am thankful that she's healthy and thriving but gosh if I could ask for 1 thing for Christmas, it would be that the grunting go away forever.

4 comments:

  1. Oh it will pass!! This is also why I moved Audrey to her crib around 5 weeks (she had been next to me in the bassinet) I couldn't get any sleep even when she was sleeping! But even after the move she had a period of time (a week? more?? honestly can't remember) where she would be really restless in the early morning like that, it was rough. I felt like every 20 minutes I was running in to settle her down. It WILL pass and I promise you, in just a few weeks she should start sleeping a little longer and before you know it you'll get a full night :) A slept from 9 till 4:30 last night! Not technically all night but it's better than it was. Hang in there Mama, you are doing great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, it WILL pass as Jen said,... BUT it can be extremely frustrating. Our little guy would wait to do his grunting almost like an alarm clock... at 6am as he was waking up! For us t was cute and amusing as it happened when we usually were getting up for work. And from the sounds of it, your little Bella seems to be cheerful and happy otherwise with very little crying, etc. The same for our Liam, as he's almost 7 months and rarely cries and fusses. Soon she'll be sleeping almost through the night with maybe one mid-sleep (our time between 2 and 4 am) wake up to feed. One piece of feeding advice, if you're nursing and want her to stay relatively happy through the night, avoid broccoli, cauliflower, beans, excess cheese! It's a small progression in their stages of development, and one you two will look back on with a smile! Best wishes and Merry Christmas - the first as your new family!
    Siggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will pass and you are doing great. Not sure if she is in the room with you or not but maybe do what Jen did and move her to the crib. :) I know you are doing great so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey JoyBird!! I am so sorry little Bella has this grunting thing going on. Kaylei never did that however she did have Colic. Let me tell you that is some BAD stuff! Using the vacuum trick definately works!!! I hope it passes soon for all of you!!! I can't wait to see you all!! Maybe I can babysit so you and Todd can take a 3-4 hour NAP!!! <3<3

    ReplyDelete