LIFE

LIFE
And just like that...life begins

Monday, November 1, 2010

We're ready and waiting...

So, here it is November 1st and yet there is no sign of baby girl joining us anytime soon, sadly.  We went for a long walk yesterday, I did some squats already this morning, and we're going to eat spicy food for dinner (lets not mention the oil my mid-wife suggested I use) and I still "feel" the same as I did yesterday and the day before that and the day before that.  I was actually hoping I would of went into labor last night so we would have her today and I could join my family at the wine tasting on Friday (selfish I know, but I love wine, in a non-alcoholic way of course).  To tell the truth, I just want the whole "birthing" process over and done with, I usually don't scare very easily but I am truly scared about this.  I blame it on the 70's birthing tape they made us watch at birthing class and that show on TLC bringing home baby.  I know I can do it, with a little motivational music and drugs, but its the unknown that scares me.  Our bags are packed, my music is ready, my birthing plan is made out...and now we wait...I should of known that she wouldn't be too early (she must take after her soon to be father, if she took after me, she would of been here a month ago).  So, lets hope that my squats, cleaning, long walk today, and spicy food bring baby girl here...she's been cleared for landing (as Todd, the pilot, likes to say)!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh Joy you'll be just fine!!! :) When is your due date?? I know it's scary not knowing what will happen, just try to relax as much as you can. I tried to remind myself that women do this birth thing every day and for every scary story you hear, there are tons more happy, uneventful ones! (I've had 2 wonderful births! WITH DRUGS, of course. heh) In the end, you'll get your baby girl and all will be well :) Hang in there and enjoy these last few 'quiet' days...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame the birthing fear on those books the vet's wife gave you to read. Hair, 70's Vjayjays would scare anyone.

    On a more serious note, I can't believe the time is here! Seriously, you better watch as much Criminal Minds as you can because once Bella is here, those might be too scary for her.

    ReplyDelete